Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 June 2009

Python on IIS and FastCGI

Looks like I might be trying to do the impossible. Again!

I'm about to try and build a web server on Windows 2003 technology, and use this to host ASP and ASP.Net applications, using multiple frameworks, and without upsetting sharepoint.

I will also be attempting to set up a Python server running FastCGI.

There is no reason why it won't work, other than setting up the application we want to use may not work. I may need to tweak lots of bits before I can get the application running.

So, if anyone has experience of setting up a Python scripted web application designed for Linux using FastCGI on a Windows IIS server, let me know!

Once I have succeeded in this, I will update the world, and may even include a set of instructions on the configuration of the web server.

Similarly, if anyone can find instructions, then let me know!

No comments: