Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 June 2009

Midweek Madness

Ah, Wednesday!



The day where traditionally shops close for the afternoon and schoolchildren run out of sugar at around 2 o'clock. The Post Offices are closed and nobody can get a loaf or a pint of milk. Ah, the good old days!



I've just spent a chunk of the last couple of hours helping a colleague try to work out how to send a file from Nigeria to Norwich. As it turns out, it was a fairly simple thing that was missing to make this program work, but we got there. I've also spent a substantial chunk of the day trying to work out how to get the prices of electricity in Belgium in 2012 into a database. (Much easier than it sounds!)



The problem I have now is that I can't get a pint of milk or a loaf to get me through the rest of the day!



Still... almost time to go home.

No comments: