Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 May 2009

Scottish Series

Hi, I'm back. What did I miss?

I've just spent the last 4 days racing a Sonar keel boat around the water off Tarbert Loch Fyne, in conditions ranging from no wind to near gale force conditions (one of the boats in a fleet to the south of us recorded 45knots on their wind instrument, but I'm not sure we got all of that.)

We had rather a lot of water come into the boat, including one wave big enough to set off an automatic lifejacket, and managed to get some good boat speed at times as well.

As it turns out, while I can do foredeck duties, it's not clever for me to put my 110Kg on the bow of a 23ft boat in 25 knots of wind. The skipper tells me it's difficult to steer when I do that!

All in all, however, it was fun. We also enjoyed a 2nd place overall, and won the last race.

Full results for sports boat fleet 2 are available here.

Meanwhile, back at work, very little has happened. Well, I'll soon change that!

No comments: